Friday, April 24, 2009

I can see that I have wanted people that have not given me the credit that I have wanted from them to one day realize that they have been foolish for writing me off as nothing special. This is assuming that I am actually something special. Which is, of course, just an illusion or an idea that I have either wanted people to adopt so that I may be treated as something extraordinary. Hardly a minute goes by that a thought of my image doesn't come up. I have wanted to be pampered and greeted with a red carpet by everyone. For me to realize this about myself is only just that. For me to actually stop allowing myself to seek out such treatment is where it really counts.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to seek to be treated in a manner that I have preferred.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to prefer to be treated as above or higher than another.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to try an uphold or create an image of a great being.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to tell myself that I am better than most.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to act unequal to that in which I am.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I am more than I am here.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to see others as less than or more than me.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to accept others as treating me as if I am something more than or less than them.

No comments: