Sunday, May 1, 2011

Looking at the point of Christianity. The vast majority of christians believe that in order to be a christian, one must believe in the bible, and everything in the bible. But if we have a look at the bible, it is other people telling stories about god and jesus, and what not. None of the central figures actually had any part in authoring what is in the bible.


So the bible is a handful of stories from individual perspectives, and the way that each of them interpret what happened, and the meaning behind what happened. Now, how is that any different than me giving my perspectives on my friend Steve. Can I truly give anyone an accurate description of what Steve stood for and who Steve was without it being tainted with my own subjective observations?


Not any different than the media today. It is all presented as a point of view; interpretation, perception, assumption.


Did Jesus ever say he was God? If he did, from what context was he speaking? If he said, "do unto others as one would have done unto oneself," and lived the words he spoke, then God, in the bible, is not equal to the message of Jesus.


The message of equality; I am You are me. We are equal. IN FACT, all equally god of what is allowed within existence as oneself. If the message is not equality, then it is not Jesus' message.

No comments: